Saturday, February 13, 2016

Fun with Melts and Molds

So today I decided I wanted to do something with the Configuration Boxes that I've had laying around. I'm thinking a spring theme, butterflies, flowers and birds kinda thing.  Now we will travel down the rabbit hole...

I have a ton of various molds that I have picked up here and there and I knew there were some that would work perfectly. I also purchased a Mod Podge Mod Melter.  I was excited about this gadget because of the fine point end. Since you can also use glue sticks in this it would be perfect for when you need a tiny dab of hot glue. 

I had some Milk Glass White mod melt sticks so I started with those. Overall the result is very nice. I used 3 sticks to make a handful of little bits and bobs.
 It shows such nice detail and I love the creamy white!
 On to the bad... The thing never stops oozing!! I set it down to grab another mold and it just kept dripping,
 and dripping.
 Every time I sat it down. Making a nice pile of Mod Melt to throw away.
 I also had my Ranger Melting Pot out and used that to make some of the same items. I melted some clear powder with some platinum to make a beautiful rich color.
 So many fun little things to play with!

 While I was at it, I made 3 new molds with the Amazing Mold Putty. I LOVE this stuff! The yellow items on the top are the mold, below them are the items I used to make the mold and the bottom shows the items I made with the mold. Pouring utee into the molds. I did a video on the mold putty back in December. The post on that is HERE.
Now where was I? Oh yes, the configuration boxes, time to get back to those.

No comments: