Saturday, August 8, 2015

Rainy Days

Rainy days are excellent for crafting! I have so many projects started and many many more in my head waiting to be created! Something that I have wanted to try was reproducing vintage Halloween buckets. This is something that will truly test my patience. 
When working in clay and paper mache you can only go so far before you have to set it down and wait for it to dry. I hate waiting. Here is one bucket that I'm waiting for it to dry. I'm pretty excited about how he turned out, I can't wait to see him with paint!
While waiting on clay, I decided to work on some canvas'. I've signed up to do a fall show so I need to start cranking out the finished product! I cut these pumpkins out of a cereal box with a Tim Holtz sizzix die. You can never underestimate the power of adding marker to a painted piece. The photo isn't the best but the top pumpkin has been shaded and highlighted with my Faber-Castell pitt pens. The dimension added is amazing.
Here are my works in progress today. I purchased a scrabble game at a garage sale this morning and I am already putting the tiles to good use on the top left canvas. I'll post photos of the finished pieces when they are done!

No comments: