Saturday, November 15, 2014

Sketch N Scrap Layout Challenge #69

I have a beautiful sketch for you all today from Sketch-N-Scrap
I started with the photos of Brileigh and Rylan climbing a tree from this summer. The papers I had had for some time and I pulled them out knowing they would be perfect for this layout. The strip of green paper is the back of the lighter tan paper, so I only used the two pieces of cardstock for this layout. And of course the cream that frames the photos and makes for the title piece.
The leaf banner was very easy to put together, I simply glued Amy Tangerines paper leaves onto a piece of jute with my hot glue gun. I attached it to the layout using glue dots. For the photo frames I lightly stamped the cream card stock with a script stamp. I was watching a Tim Holtz video the other day and he showed the swiping technique. Before when I wanted a light stamped effect I would first stamp the image on a scrap piece of paper then on the actual piece. He showed in the video instead of pushing your stamp into the ink pad, simply swipe the stamp over the ink pad to achieve a lighter look. Amazing! Glad I know that tip now, and I hope I was able to pass that knowledge on!
Items I used in this layout:
American Crafts • Bookshelf • L'Amour
American Crafts • Bookshelf • Faulkner
Card Stock • Cream
My Stash • Script Font Stamp
Ranger • Archival Ink Pad • Black
Ranger • Distress Ink • Walnut Stain
Amy Tangerine • Field House • Paper Leaves Shapes
Thermogrip Glue Gun
Adobe Illustrator
Cricut Expression
Jute

1 comment:

Lisa in Texas said...

I absolutely LOVE this layout! One of my favs of yours!