Saturday, July 12, 2014

Out & About Junking

I've recently been able to get away a couple of weekends for some junking. I made it to Omaha to hit up Junk Stock with my bestie. We got there early so we didn't have too long of a wait to get inside.
I picked up a number of things, had to make a couple of trips to the car (good thing we had a decent parking spot!) I didn't get a shot of all of my purchases, most of what I buy is to repurpose and sell so you'll probably be seeing the afters as I finish them. I did pick up these amazing vintage picture frames. I have some projects in mind for them. I can't wait to see how they turn out!
Junk Stock is so much fun, I wish I lived closer, I would totally go all 3 days if I could.
What I wouldn't give for a "planter" like this in my garden...

Another weekend I snuck away to go to Gatherings on the Blue. I try to make it to the farm for every sale they have. Even if I don't purchase anything (Ha! Like that's ever happened) it's always a good time.

I tried to get a picture of my purchases, but when I set it all out, realized I left stuff in my mom's vehicle. That's when you know you've bought too much. You don't remember what you have... sigh. Now I can only hope to get it from her, if she hasn't found a use for my left behind treasures.
Most of these items are going to be turned into some wonderful things. The large wooden rake is staying in my collection for sure. I've always wanted one of those.
 I've already turned the wooden box I bought into a primitive fall light. It's heading to The Country Nest soon.
Okay, how adorable are these little shovels!? I have plans to make a snowman for each one.
Last, this treasure will most likely be staying in my possession as well. I can't decide if I want to leave it, paint it or sand it down and restain it. It must have come out of an alteration shop as it was filled with old ric rac, thread, snap replacements and patches. It needs a good cleaning, so I'll start there and then decide what to do with it.
 I'm back to work, turning my finds into wonderful things.

No comments: