Sunday, May 26, 2013

Quick Tag Tutorial

Here is how I made the tag for the layout I showed you yesterday.
I used these great products to make the tag:
Ranger • Emboss It • Tinted Embossing Pad

I took my blank tag and added color to it. First I stamped the yellow & red ink pads on my craft mat.  I then activated the ink with a little water and dragged my tag through the mixture. I used my heat gun to dry the tag.
Once the tag is dry I laid the mask over the tag and stamped the embossing ink pad over it. Careful to hold the mask in place to ensure a good ink transfer. Then I coated the tag with white embossing powder, shook of the excess and set it in with the heat tool.
And here you have the finished tag!
I did another tag using the Hexigons Mask, Zing Clear Embossing Powder, Distress Embossing Ink & Picket Fence Stain. I followed the same technique as before using the distress embossing pad and clear powder.
Once I set the embossing powder in with my heat tool, I took the Picket Fence stain and rubbed it over the tag. I used a baby wipe to lightly take the paint off of the embossed areas showing the true colors underneath.
I hope this inspires you to make some fun new tags!

1 comment:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So beautiful and fun!!!!