Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sketch N Scrap Challenge #25

Well now that we are all settled into the New Year, how about another sketch from Sketch N Scrap!
This sketch was designed by our new Sketch Artist Brenshevia. Check out her blog HERE.
I continued with the triplets birthday photos & the Simple Stories Happy Day collection for this sketch. I used my sewing machine to stitch around the two main papers for added element.
For the title piece, I used my Tim Holtz Chip Block die to cut out letters then covered them with glossy accents for a glossy puffy letter effect.
Now to the tutorial I teased you about in the last sketch. In that layout and this one, I wanted to have a solid paper. But the printed papers have a grungy look to them and a clean sheet of cardstock would be out of place. So I grabbed my Ink Blending Tool with a foam pad and ink pad.
First I held the paper up and rubbed the ink on the edges of the paper with the blending tool to give it a darker "fine line" edge.
Next I took my inked up blending tool and lightly rubbed it on the paper in circles to lightly feather in the ink. Darker around the edges and lighter towards the middle. And that's it! Now you have a grubbied up piece of cardstock!
Products I used in this layout:
Simple Stories • Happy Day • It's Your Day
Simple Stories • Happy Day • Fundamental Cardstock Stickers
Tim Holtz Alterations • Chip Block Die
Sizzix • Big Shot
Ranger • Ink Blending Tool

No comments: