Monday, August 30, 2010

Snowmen & Parades

I was able to get a get a couple more things done yesterday! When I started this guy I was planning on having him hold a big candy cane. But when I had his bibs on, I didn't want to cover them up. So I added a pocket to them and filled it with goodies! This guy has a wire hanger on the back for hanging up.


This big guy started with an enamel bowl. I'm using what I have like last year. I probably had that bowl for 8 years! You can't see it in the picture but it is the bottom of this snowman light. I wired a grapevine to the rim of the bowl, then I wrapped the wreath with lights and added the greenery and berries. I filled the bowl with moss and sat the snowman in the middle. This guy does get a candy cane to hold. I also added mica flakes to the wreath and candy cane for a nice winter glitter.


This weekend was our town's "days". So the babies got their first taste of a parade. Over all I think they really enjoyed it. All of the big vehicles were a hit. The first siren that went off scared Brett, and the bottom lip came out. But he got over it pretty quick.

Rylan just made me laugh, he was sitting so content in the stroller, hands crossed and all.

Brett was in chill mode, once he got over the siren noises. He lost his frogger blanket somewhere between the parade and the park, but luckily there was a good samaritan who found it!


Don't they look soo excited!



No comments: